We’re delighted to announce that Yves Quemerais – otherwise known as The French Chef at Home – will be returning to 10 Devonshire Place next month for a fourth pop-up dining event.
After Yves cooked for us in September, we’ve received regular queries from customers wondering when the next event would be. So, by popular demand, Yves will be joining us on May 17 for another evening of superb French-style food. This time he’ll be offering guests a taste of spring, using fresh, seasonal ingredients to create a superb tasting menu of varied and creative dishes bursting with flavour and served with panache.
Classically-trained under acclaimed chef Alain Ducasse, Yves worked in France for 25 years before moving to Yorkshire in 2012. Now based near Harrogate, Yves creates bespoke gourmet food for a range of events from small private dining occasions to birthday parties and weddings, as well as demonstrating his cookery techniques at festivals and rural shows. He uses high-quality fresh ingredients sourced in both Yorkshire and France, which are organic wherever possible.
Yves will be joined by Patrice Lipatti-Mesme of wine merchant Le Bon Vin, who will be providing a generous flight of wine pairings specially selected to complement each dish. Patrice will be discussing the reasons behind his choices and showing guests how to find the perfect wine for different kinds of food.
The menu for May 17 will be:
- Choux bun filled with black olive tapenade
- Truffled lentils velouté
- Breton buckwheat crêpe filled with sardine rillettes
- Whitby crab meat with asparagus and tomato dressing
- Pan fried squid rings with slight garlic sauce and Provence vegetables
- Lamb filet in herb crust with gratin dauphinois, wild mushroom and baby vegetables
- Roquefort mousse with nuts on a toast
- Red fruit and honey gratin
- White chocolate sphere filled with lime mousse
- Cocoa fondant with pistachio centre
Tickets are £37.50, including the wine pairings, and are available here.